Below are a few quick experiments I made whilst practicing my photoshop skills. I am now starting to feel more confident with photoshop and am enjoying the process of digitalising aspects of my traditional work.
Below is all of the final artwork for my children's book 'Nature Explorers'. The book separates different habitats as the viewer delves into the wild life that is associated with each location. The book features a combination of digital and traditional collage - the entire image making process has been fully documented on my blog. For now I have added Lorem Ipsum to demonstrate where I have considered placing the text. I plan on writing the text for this book, along with the left over pages, post submission in preparation for the degree show. Stand alone images without text: Woodland section: Meadow section: Farmland section: Coastal section: Endpapers: Cover:
Below is the rough for my mushroom spread as part of the woodland habitat section of the book. I was excited to create the artwork for this spread as mushrooms are my favourite things to draw. The idea for this piece was to zoom in on the forest floor to show lots of different mushrooms that grow there I researched lots of different mushroom types in various fungi field guides that I own. Here is an image of some of the collage work I did for this spread This is the final outcome for this spread. I really like it over all and think that there is a good contrast in tones and the colour pallet works nicely in fitting with the woodland theme. I used slightly darker muted tones for this spread as I wanted it to feel a little autumnal as that's when it is mushroom season. Below is the amended version of the piece where I decided to remove the reddish mushroom at the back and darken parts of the mushrooms on the bottom right to make them standout more.
Below is the rough design for the bee spread I am working on. My idea behind this piece was that I wanted to feature bees and their hive amongst an apple tree which I collaged as part of my work in the authorship unit. With it being one of my more successful collage works, I really wanted an opportunity to use it in this book Below is the final image. I really like how this page spread turned out. I like the texture and the colours and think it is visually exciting
Comments
Post a Comment